* To debate, adopt, act on, and educate the community about positions regarding local, state, national and international political and quality of life issues.
* To represent, to the best of our ability, the needs, values, and opinions of African-American Howard County Democrats as well as that of other residents of the County.
*To increase voter registration and voter turn-out.
* To adopt positions on ballot questions.
* To support the objectives, principles, platforms and candidates of the Democratic Party whenever consistent with the club's mission.
*To identify, encourage and mentor qualified African-American Democrats to run for elective office.
* To promote the appointment of qualified African-American Democratic candidates to political and civic boards, commissions, and committees.
The structure and actions of the Club will support the principles of equal opportunity irrespective of race, religion, sexual identity or orientation, disability, ethnic background, national origin, age or gender. Membership is open to all qualified individuals who support the mission of the organization